Monday, December 30, 2013

Little Shit Hater's Top 5 Albums

Well considering it's the last day of 2013 I figured I'd give you my top 5 albums of the year. So here we go.

1. J.A.C.K. - Forever the Sickest Kids 

I've loved FTSK for as long as I can remember and when I figured out they were coming out with a new album I was completely stoked and they definitely did not disappoint. The first single off the album, "Chin Up Kid," gave everyone a look into what the whole album would be like. They kept their signature rock sound and added a few slower songs to add diversity and to make one of my favorite albums of 2013. 

2. Midnight Memories - One Direction 
Now before you freak out like, "Oh my God she's one of them!" hear me out and I can assure you I'm not "one of them." Midnight Memories is the third studio album to be released by 1D and they've gone in a pretty different direction, no pun intended, with this one. There's basically something everyone on this album would like. They have songs with a Mumford and Sons sound to songs that sound like they're a rock band straight out of the 80s and of course they have your typical boy band pop sound. This album has so many different sounding songs but somehow it all meshes together to make a fantastic album. 

3. Talking Dreams - Echosmith


Yes I'm going from the number one boy band in the world's album to an indie rock band of siblings that started out on YouTube. Deal with it. Echosmith is a 4 piece indie rock band based out of LA that finally release their first full length album off of Warner Brothers Records this year. What's amazing is how young these kids are. Sydney, the lead singer, is only 16 and I've heard trained professionals that she could blow out of the water with her voice. She has the classic voice for an indie rock band and she's absolutely amazing. Her three brothers, Noah, Jamie, and Graham back her up with their incredible talents on bass, guitar, and drums. Definitely a favorite for me this year. Check it out if you haven't, you won't be disappointed. 

4. Legendary - The Summer Set 

So I was lucky enough to be able to see The Summer Set on Warped this year and let me tell you they put on one hell of a show. You should totally go see them if you can but anyway on to the album! This album was definitely a departure from their last where there were mainly love songs or, to be frank, really sad songs. Legendary brought back the party side to The Summer Set where they're out to have a good time and to forget their problems. It was definitely one of my albums for the summer. 

5. Resolution - Action Item

Resolution was the long awaited second album from Action Item. Two years guys, it was about damn time. Granted it took two years to get it was totally worth the wait. The first track on the album basically recaps the band's story of what had happened over the past two years while they wrote the album. It picks you up "where we left off." The album continues with their typical uplifting song lyrics, songs of love, and their pop melodies. This album was definitely an A+ and rounds out my top 5 albums of the year. 

Honorable Mention:
Common Courtesy - A Day to Remember
Word of Mouth - The Wanted
Self-Titled - The Tragic Thrills
Native - OneRepublic
The World From the Side of the Moon - Phillip Phillips
Magna Carta... Holy Grail - JAY Z
Monsters in the Closet - Mayday Parade
Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die! - Panic! At the Disco
Vessel - Twenty One Pilots 
Overnight - Parachute
The 1975 - The 1975



Listen to:
Little White Lies - One Direction

No comments:

Post a Comment