Monday, December 16, 2013

RIP: The bands who said Goodbye in 2013 & Members who "Moved On"

So I'm hoping with only a few weeks left in the year that this is the last of the break ups, however, we all know that tomorrow could hold any band break up. Below are some that called it done this year so to the fans I am sorry oh so sorry! I didn't LOVE all of these bands but I know that their are tons of fans out there who did and their hearts were shattered. So RIP to the following:

My Chemical Romance: Of course the biggest break up of 2013 (in our opinion) was My Chemical Romance. The day this news hit was a iconic day in my household. Even my mother may have shed a tear, “Welcome to the Black Parade” is on her top 10 songs of life. In case you missed it (HOW COULD YOU) or want to read it again here is a link to the official letter/statement Gerard Way put out: 


A Rocket to the Moon: I still hate myself for backing out of seeing them saying to myself “they always play **Insert Local Venue Here** I'll catch them next time) and guess where they didn't play? Yep. Anyways, they released an album in March entitled “Wild & Free” which left my hungry for more by them. Sadly, they announced on May 9th they were calling it quits. I know who puts out an album that good and then says we're done? Only the Beatles and ARTTM. Anyways, they went out with a bang tho and I'll forever listen to them. Read the statement HERE.


Go Radio: After 7 years of making music Go Radio decided that it was time to part ways as well. Goodnight Moon is hands down one of the best love songs out there. You can of course read the official statement here:

Allstar Weekend: So they didn't exactly call it quits but decided to END Allstar Weekend for good after Warped Tour '13. When we say END we mean END! They don't even want Allstar Weekend to be spoken of EVER AGAIN! I thought it was a bit harsh how the put it. However, in a previous post about Disney that Little Shit Hater posted I guess maybe that's why?

Jonas Brothers: Guess they weren't really the Hason of their decade huh? I honestly don't know that I could EVER be in a band or any business with my siblings. I'd be afraid we'd end up at each others throats before we decided to call it quits. However, I have to say they really done this badly. I mean delete your twitter and cancel all tour dates then weeks later make a statement. I think they should have been a tad better prepared for this and I feel that Jonas fans out there still feel like they didn't really get an answer.

Honor Society: The Gentlemen, man I really wish they hadn't closed the book.


I will now just list a few more who called it quits:
The Chariot

May the members of each of the bands find happiness. I really hate to hear of ANY band breaking up, even if I hate their music I know they still have a fan base out there whose hearts are broken by this news.


Now lets say goodbye to some band members as they decided to follow their hearts and do other things:

Mark Shami (Action Item)
Ian Keaggy (Hot Chelle Rae)
Jesse Lawson (Sleeping with Sirens)
Justin & Jacob (Fourth and Coast)
Joey Jordison (Slipknot)
Austin Winkler (Hinder)
Trevor Hinesley (Half Priced Hearts)


Listen to: 



No comments:

Post a Comment